Booking Arrangements 2021
Our holiday cottages re-opened on Monday 12th April for single-household bookings. From Monday 17th May two households/bubbles or groups of up to 6 people will be permitted to share a holiday cottage and from Monday 19th July it is hoped that all restrictions will be lifted (as announced on 14th June). See the latest Government advice at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
If you are interested in booking one of our cottages please contact us to reserve your dates and pay a deposit. If you have booked to stay in one of our cottages and we are then required by the government to close, we will give you a full refund if you have booked for those dates.
COVID-19 Refund Promise
We realise that we are living in uncertain times and none of us know whether or not there will be further periods of Covid-19 lockdown in the coming months. We have therefore amended our Booking Terms & Conditions to make our cancellation terms more flexible. See Booking Conditions.
We will give you a full refund if the UK Government introduces lockdown measures to control the spread of COVID-19 which require us to close the Property for some or all of the dates you have booked to stay. We will also give you a full refund if you are unable to travel to take your holiday because of a local lockdown (this applies only to the booking address of the lead booker shown on the Booking confirmation and does not cover members of your party with addresses in other local lockdown areas). This refund promise does not cover you (or members of your party) for being unable to travel because you (or a member of your party) fall ill with COVID-19, or are required to quarantine or self-isolate.
Changes We Have Made To Combat COVID-19 and To Ensure You Have a Safe and Happy Stay
- We have a fantastic changeover team who achieve high standards of cleanliness and they will be working even harder this year to make sure the cottages safe for all new guests. The cottages are cleaned and sanitised in line with the COVID-Ready Guidelines from Visit England and PASC UK. We have produced Risk Assessments and detailed cleaning checklists.
- Our cleaners have been provided with appropriate PPE (gloves, aprons and masks) and our cleaning and sanitising protocol involves a high-level of disinfection (using commercial anti-viral cleaning products).
- High-touch items such as door handles, handrails, light switches, appliances, taps & flushes etc. are cleaned and treated with anti-viral disinfectant. We also use a steam cleaner to treat soft furnishings such as curtains, sofas and cushions.
- All kitchen and bathroom surfaces are sanitised. Anything that is laminated is sanitised. Any paper information provided by us is single-use.
- For added reassurance whenever there are fewer than 30 hours between guests leaving and arriving we will wash all crockery, cutlery, glassware & cookware in the dishwasher or in hot soapy water as part of our changeover cleaning routine.
- Some items are quarantined for more than a week before being returned to the cottage. These include chopping boards, toiletries, maps, welcome trays and guest information.
- Some non-essential items that are difficult to clean have been removed, such as board games and some decorative items such as bed throws, cushions and ornaments. All remaining soft furnishings are quarantined or steam cleaned.
- The throws on your sofas are freshly laundered.
- We provided hand sanitiser and sanitising liquid hand wash in the kitchen.
If You Experience Covid-19 Symptoms
Guests must not travel to stay in our cottages if any of their party has COVID-19 or has symptoms of it (in accordance with Government guidance). Guests showing signs of COVID-19 whilst staying here are required to take a test. If they are confirmed to have COVID-19, they must return home if they reasonably can. They should use private transport but only drive themselves if they can do so safely. If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Only in exceptional circumstances will it be possible for guests to extend their stay and self-isolate in either cottage. If self-isolation is required to take place at Columbine Cottage or Foxglove Cottage then the guest will be charged the advertised price for each extra night plus any additional fees incurred in cancelling bookings affected by this self-isolation.
Page Updated 12th June 2021