How Current Rules Apply to our Cottages
On 17th October 2020 this area (North East Derbyshire) moved from Tier 1 (medium risk) to Tier 2 (high risk). This means that you must not meet with anybody outside your household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place and you must not meet in a group of more than six outside, including in a garden or other space.
Areas Under Local Restrictions
Several parts of the UK are subject to a range of local restrictions. Please review affected areas and restrictions for more information. If you are travelling to Derbyshire to stay in either of our cottages you must also comply with the restrictions imposed by your home area. In many cases you will be permitted to go on holiday in the UK only with your household & support bubble.
Changes to Cancellation Terms
We realise that we are living in uncertain times and none of us know whether or not there will be further periods of Covid-19 lockdown in the coming months. We are therefore temporarily amending our Booking Terms & Conditions to make our cancellation terms more flexible.
We would refund all monies paid by you if the UK Government introduced lockdown measures to control the spread of Covid-19 which required us to close our holiday accommodation for some or all of the dates you have booked to stay, or if local Derbyshire restrictions meant that your group could not stay e.g. if only one household were permitted to stay and your group is made up of two.
We would not offer a refund if you had to cancel your booking due to restrictions in your home area or if any of your party contracted the virus. However in these circumstances we would offer to transfer any money you had paid towards a new booking in the next 12 months.
Changes We Have Made To Combat COVID-19 and To Ensure You Have a Safe and Happy Stay
- The cottages are cleaned and sanitised in line with the COVID-Ready Guidelines from Visit England and PASC UK. We have produced a Risk Assessment and a detailed cleaning checklist.
- We will not be offering same-day changeovers for the foreseeable future which means there will be a minimum of 30 hours between guests leaving and new guests arriving. This allows us to air the property and spend much more time cleaning and sanitising the cottage before you arrive.
- Our cleaners have been provided with appropriate PPE (gloves, aprons and masks) and our cleaning and sanitising protocol involves a high-level of disinfection (using commercial anti-viral cleaning products).
- High-touch items such as door handles, handrails, light switches, appliances, taps & flushes etc. are cleaned and treated with anti-viral disinfectant. We also use a steam cleaner to treat soft furnishings such as curtains, sofas and cushions.
- All kitchen and bathroom surfaces are sanitised. Anything that is laminated is sanitised. Any paper information provided by us is single-use.
- For added reassurance whenever there are fewer than 3 days between guests leaving and arriving we will wash all crockery, cutlery, glassware & cookware in the dishwasher or in hot soapy water as part of our changeover cleaning routine. To enable us to achieve this between every booking we have temporarily removed some surplus crockery and kitchen equipment.
- Some items are quarantined for more than a week before being returned to the cottage. These include chopping boards, DVDs, toiletries, hairdryers, maps and books.
- Some non-essential items that are difficult to clean have been removed, such as board games and some decorative items such as bed throws, cushions and ornaments. All remaining soft furnishings are quarantined or steam cleaned.
- The throws on your sofas are freshly laundered and the cushions and armrests are steam-cleaned.
- We provided hand sanitiser and sanitising liquid hand wash in the kitchen.
If You Experience Covid-19 Symptoms
Guests must not travel to stay in Columbine Cottage or Foxglove Cottage if any of their party has COVID-19 symptoms (in accordance with Government guidance). They must inform the Owner of this. Guests showing signs of COVID-19 whilst staying at Columbine Cottage or Foxglove Cottage are required to take a test. The result of this test must be shown to the owner. If they are confirmed to have COVID-19, they must return home if they reasonably can. They should use private transport but only drive themselves if they can do so safely. If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Only in exceptional circumstances will it be possible for guests to extend their stay and self-isolate in Columbine Cottage or Foxglove Cottage. If self-isolation is required to take place at Columbine Cottage or Foxglove Cottage then the guest will be charged the advertised price for each extra night plus any additional fees incurred in cancelling bookings affected by this self-isolation.
Page Updated 18th October 2020